An 8.42 carat fancy intense pink diamond ring will be up for auction at the New York Spring sale, Magnificent Jewels according to a release of Christie’s auction house on Friday, March 23. The fancy intense pink diamond is estimated to fetch a million dollar price between $4 to 6 million.
Pink diamonds are very rare to be found in nature, especially fancy intense colors. Therefore this diamond is very rare. According to Christie’s, the fancy intense pink diamond is VVS1 clarity but has potential to be re-cut into a flawless diamond. In addition, the pink cut cornered rectangular modified brilliant cut is set in a ring tapered with baguette cut diamonds on either side.
Other lots at the Sale
- A notable lots as a 22.76-carat oval D-color Type IIa
- An impressive emerald and diamond necklace featuring oval cut emerald of approximately 24.32 carats
- A large yellow diamond of 40.57 carats that is flanked with tapered baguette diamonds on either side
- An art deco ruby and diamond bracelet featuring cushion cut rubies and old cut diamonds
- Perfect rectangular diamond ring of approximately 33.46 carats graded E and VS1 clarity
- A superb twin stone diamond ring featuring a fancy vivid blue pear of 2.10 carats and a colorless pear of 1.98 carats
Curious to the other lots at the Christie’s Magnificent Jewels auction in New York, click here