You're a grown woman, and you've been wearing jewelry for years. You know what works, and you know what doesn't. But when it comes to wearing your bling at work, there are some rules (and they aren't all about not going overboard). Here are some tips on how to wear the right kind of jewelry at work without looking over the top:
Gemstones add a splash of color to your look.
Gemstones are a great way to show off your style and personality. Whether you prefer a classic look or something more edgy, gemstones can help you express yourself in the workplace. For example, if you're a fan of color, try adding some stone jewelry to your outfit to give it an extra pop of color. If you're all about classic sophistication, consider wearing diamonds instead.
Whether you like diamonds better is up to personal preference—but one thing's for sure: we have some pretty awesome bling! We've got jewelry for every occasion and taste here at Diamond Registry! If you'd like to see what we mean by that statement then check out our socials.
Keep it small, but not too small.
When it comes to bling, bigger is not always better. While your boss may like the idea of you wearing a giant diamond ring on your pinky finger, coworkers might feel uncomfortable around such ostentatiousness. And if you're working in an industry where eye contact is key—like acting or speaking onstage—it can be distracting and even dangerous for you to wear a large piece of jewelry over an extended period of time. Plus, when it comes to work attire, less is more. You don't want anything too flashy that distracts from what's important: your job performance and the quality of your work product (and how big it gets).
So start small! When considering which baubles are right for your job setting and business environment—and whether or not they'll help build rapport with clients or customers—keep these guidelines in mind:
- Don't compromise on quality; make sure whatever jewelry you choose meets industry standards (or at least looks like it does
- Don't compromise on style; find something that fits well with both your personality and professional image
- Don't compromise on price; go with something reasonable but still fashionable
Diamonds make a statement.
Diamonds are a bit more modern, but they're still perfect for any occasion—especially when you want to make a statement! Diamonds are always in style, so it doesn't matter what event you are attending; your bling will always steal the spotlight!
Flowers can be big and bold.
Flowers are a great way to show off your style, creativity and personality.
If you're into the more flamboyant side of fashion, flowers are a great way to add some bling. If you have an eccentric boss or coworker then it's important that you don't go overboard with all the glitz and glamour, be sure to keep it subtle so as not to overwhelm them with your flashyness.
Rings are fun, but don't overdo it.
Diamonds are a girl's best friend. You can't go wrong with a diamond ring, bracelet, or necklace. Just make sure it's not too big and flashy—if you want to wear your bling at work, your coworkers will appreciate it if you keep things subtle.
It's all about placement.
- It's all about placement. The most important thing to remember is that the bling should be on your hands and wrists. This makes it easy for coworkers to see when you’re rocking some new jewelry, and it also helps them know which hand is yours without asking.
- Don't overdo it—one ring per hand, one bracelet per wrist, one necklace with pendant or charm (no multiple necklaces), no more than two earrings total on both ears (unless you're at a fancy event).
You can still wear jewelry at work, just keep it appropriate for the workplace!
Jewelry is an essential part of your wardrobe. But it can also be tricky to figure out how much is too much, and what kind of jewelry goes best with which outfit.
Here's some general advice:
- Jewelry should be subtle, but still noticeable. You want people to notice the pieces that you choose to wear, but at the same time, you don't want them to take away from your outfit. Keep things classy and simple by choosing a few statement pieces that complement each other well and make a cohesive look together!
- Jewelry should be worn in moderation—not every piece all at once! This means limiting yourself to two or three bracelets per wrist, one necklace per neckline, etc.—or else your coworkers will think they're being pandered too much; not enough = pandering too little (unless this is an industry where people really like being pandered).
- Make sure your jewelry doesn't distract others from work or cause accidents (like getting caught on something during meetings).
We hope you liked our tips for wearing jewelry at work. Remember to keep it simple and appropriate for the workplace, and don't overdo it. And if you're still confused, just ask yourself this one question: would Meryl Streep wear this?
Sell your diamonds with ease with Diamond Registry’s comprehensive approach and vast global industry connections to help you find the best buyer for your diamond fast. Visit www.diamondregistry.com/sell-your-ring to take your first step to fast, easy and reliable way of selling your diamond.
Want to check and calculate diamond per carat instantly? Go to DR’s diamond price calculator www.diamondregistry.com/diamond-price-list/#calc-move-to to know how. Reliable and trusted carat calculator in the diamond industry since!