It's a question that's been asked for millennia. Alternatively, do you first ask her to marry you, wait for her to say yes, and then go ring shopping together? Or do you take the tried-and-true approach of stuffing a diamond ring into their croissant in the hopes that they'll say what you want them to?
Each culture has its own unique way of approaching a proposal. Also, they are highly dependent on the personality of the person proposing them. At Diamond Regsitry, we're always looking forward to hearing about people's wedding plans.
As a result of our exposure to a wide variety of creative and romantic proposal ideas, we're well-equipped to assist you in your search for the perfect one.
How To Pull Off The ‘Full Surprise’ Proposal
A marriage proposal is a once-in-a-lifetime event, but some are more memorable than others. In general, a proposal that is a "complete surprise" is more memorable. Here are a few pointers to help you out:
- Even if you've known each other for a long time, a "full surprise" proposal strategy is best used when you're 99.9% sure they'll say yes. Why? In light of the diamond ring.
- Asking for permission from the parents or family of the person you're engaged to impresses your fiancé-to-be, as long as you're in the position.
- Invest in a stunning ring for your fiancee. Talking to someone who knows the person's style is a good idea because they might not like the design. Visit Diamond Registry and speak with one of our experts for assistance in making a decision. Choose a design from our engagement ring collection, and then have it crafted to fit your loved one's specifications.
- Propose in a way that reflects both your and their personalities. Getting down on one knee in a beautiful location might be a good idea if they are a traditionalist. It's possible to pop the question in a photo booth or on a gondola ride in Queenstown or to organize a flash mob for a song and dance proposal if they're not your typical type of person. Let your creative juices flow if you want to come up with something new.
How To Plan A ‘Partial Surprise’ Proposal
A Proposal Ring is used instead of a forever ring in a partial surprise proposal, which has the same characteristics as a full surprise proposal (see above). A joke ring or something outlandish from an op shop could be used as a proposal ring. If you want to avoid any confusion, we recommend a more serious approach.
Diamond Registry proposal rings are an excellent choice for a partially unexpected proposal. There is an engagement ring for the proposal that can be exchanged for a credit toward the real thing (which they get to choose or design).
How To Orchestrate A ‘Full Collaboration’ Proposal
There are no grand gestures or pre-purchased rings in the full collaboration style of proposal. One day, two people who genuinely care about each other will get married.
- Begin by discussing your feelings toward marriage as a whole. If they say yes, inquire about their future plans. A marriage proposal that includes this vital information is a no-brainer when you consider the rest of your lives ahead.
- Softly-softly phrase the proposal, such as "So, when do you think we should get married?" or "Next year might be good for a wedding?" Be conversational and unpretentious. Your partner has probably been anticipating your proposal for quite some time.
- Once they've agreed that getting married is a good idea, find out what kind of engagement ring they'd prefer. You could even talk about the ring's price. The next step is to schedule an appointment with Diamond Registry. It's possible to get inspiration from our engagement ring collection before creating a design that represents your relationship.
Should You Pick Out An Engagement ring Together?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer for everyone. Some couples prefer to work together on every decision, while others prefer to surprise their partners. As a workaround, you can opt for a Proposal Ring, which is a placeholder for the actual ring you will select or design together.
Does It Matter What Ring You Propose With?
You might be able to get away with a circular seashell if they've been waiting decades for you to pop the question. However, if the proposal is truly a surprise, it is a very elegant thing to do to present them with a real diamond ring. We're confident they'll appreciate it.
Should An Engagement Be A Surprise?
Even if you've discussed marriage in passing in the weeks leading up to the proposal, we still believe it should be a surprise. As a result, the actual proposal event will be more memorable and (hopefully) joyful. Let your imagination run wild when it comes to popping the question to your significant other. Check out our selection of proposal rings if that's what you're thinking of doing.
Sell your diamonds with ease with Diamond Registry’s comprehensive approach and vast global industry connections to help you find the best buyer for your diamond fast. Visit www.diamondregistry.com/sell-your-ring to take your first step to fast, easy and reliable way of selling your diamond.
Want to check and calculate diamond per carat instantly? Go to DR’s diamond price calculator www.diamondregistry.com/diamond-price-list/#calc-move-to to know how. Reliable and trusted carat calculator in the diamond industry since!