At the Important Jewels Christie’s auction on June 13 in London, a lot of magnificent diamond jewelry was sold. To get an impression on what kind of diamond prices were fetched in London we gathered the 10 highest realized prices in a slideshow. Sapphires, emeralds, and diamonds are featured.
• 10: Single- Stone Diamond Ring | Realized Price $143,438 USD
The diamond ring made by Bulgari is set with an F color, VVS2 clarity oval modified brilliant-cut diamond of approximately 5.37 carats. The diamond has no fluorescence and is accompanied by a GIA certificate.
• 9: Diamond Ring | Realized Price $ 151,406 USD
This diamond ring is set with an E color, VS1 clarity emerald cut diamond of approximately 5.75 carats. The diamond has no fluorescence and comes with a GIA certificate. On the shoulders of the F sized ring baguette cut diamonds are set.
• 8: Pearl Necklace with Diamond Clasp | Realized Price $159,375 USD
The pearl necklace with Gem and Pearl laboratory report has two rows of pearls. One row is 57 pearls the other is 55 pearls, which each measured approximately 8.8 – 5.1 mm. The necklace has a rose-cut diamond cluster clasp and measured a total of a 41cm. The pearls are natural saltwater ones and only 4 are cultured.
• 7: Colored Diamond Ring | Realized Price $174,675 USD
The diamond ring is set with a GIA certified rectangular-cut fancy deep brown- yellow diamond VVS1 clarity of approximately 12.04 carats. The ring is L size and has on the ring shoulders a triangular-cut diamond while having a raised tapering hoop.
• 6: Emerald and Diamond Ring | Realized Price $205,275 USD
The ring is set with an antique cushion cut emerald weighing approximately 10.42 carats and has stepped baguette cut diamonds on the shoulders while raised on a polished hoop. The Swiss Gemological Institute graded the emerald of Colombian origin and has no indication of clarity modifications at the time of testing. In addition, the emerald is stated as rare and exceptional.
• 5: Emerald and 2 Types of Diamonds Ring | Realized Prize $480,675 USD
The ring made by Harry Winston is set with a rectangular cut cornered emerald with minor amount of oil in fissures at the time of testing weighing approximately 10.23 carats. The ring has marquise cut and pear shaped diamond borders and polished hoop signed by Winston.
• 4: One Diamond Ring | Realized Prize $ 251,175 USDThis diamond ring is set with one GIA certified brilliant cut diamond of approximately 10.78 carats, I color and VVS2 clarity with no fluorescence. On the shoulders, baguette-cut diamonds are set while raised on a polished hoop.
• 3: A Sapphire and Diamond Brooch | Realized Price $342,975
The brooch has a central cushion-shaped sapphire with Gem and Pearl Laboratory certificate, weighs approximately 5.21 carats and has a brilliant cut diamond openwork scrolling border. The sapphire is of Kashmir origin and has no indications of heating.
• 2: Victorian Diamond Tiara | Realized Price $404,175 USD
Comprising a tiara, the front set with six graduated old-cut diamond flowerhead clusters, each interspersed by an old-cut diamond collet and similarly-set graduated triangular intersections, surmounted by nine detachable star motifs, mounted in silver and gold, circa 1870, 30.0cm; a necklace of similar design, suspending five detachable star motifs and a pair of pear-shaped diamond ear pendants, 40.0cm, in a fitted wooden case, by Collingwood & Son, Conduit Street, with various fittings for brooch and pendant conversion
• 1: Sapphire and Diamond Pendant Necklace | Realized Price $434,775 USD
The cushion-cut sapphire of Sri Lankan origin of approximately 50.36 carats has no evidence of heat treatment and is graded by the Gem and Pearl Laboratory. Within a brilliant-cut diamond border and a further similarly set diamond surround with baguette-cut diamond accents, to the fine link chain, pendant 5.6cm, chain 55.0cm