The price of round diamonds continued to decline in June 2023, according to the IDEX Polished Price Index (PPI). The PPI is a monthly index that tracks the average price of polished diamonds in four different color and clarity grades.
In June, the PPI for round diamonds fell by 0.5% compared to May. This is the seventh consecutive month that round diamond prices have declined. The decline in round diamond prices is being driven by a number of factors, including:
Fancies Prices Up in June
In contrast to round diamonds, prices for fancy-cut diamonds rose in June 2023. The PPI for fancy-cut diamonds rose by 0.7% compared to May. This is the second consecutive month that fancy-cut diamond prices have increased.
The increase in fancy-cut diamond prices is being driven by a number of factors, including:
- Rising demand: Demand for fancy-cut diamonds has been rising in recent months, as consumers have been looking for more unique and interesting diamonds.
- Limited supply: The supply of fancy-cut diamonds is limited, as these diamonds are more difficult to find than round diamonds.
- Increased competition: There is more competition among diamond manufacturers for fancy-cut diamonds, which is driving up prices.
Factors That Could Affect Diamond Prices in the Future
The price of diamonds is likely to continue to be volatile in the coming months and years. The following factors could affect diamond prices:
- Global economic conditions: The global economy is facing a number of challenges, including inflation, rising interest rates, and the war in Ukraine. These challenges could weigh on demand for diamonds and lead to lower prices.
- Supply and demand: The supply and demand for diamonds could also affect prices. If the supply of diamonds increases or demand decreases, prices could fall.
- Technology: New technologies could make it easier to find and mine diamonds, which could lead to an increase in supply and lower prices.
- Consumer preferences: Consumer preferences for diamonds could also change. If consumers become more interested in lab-grown diamonds or other alternatives to mined diamonds, prices for mined diamonds could fall.
The price of diamonds is likely to remain volatile in the coming months and years. However, the long-term outlook for the diamond market is positive. Diamonds are a valuable and durable asset that is in high demand around the world. As long as demand for diamonds remains strong, prices are likely to remain stable or even rise in the long run.
It's always empowering to have knowledge about the price of a diamond or engagement ring, especially when you're in the market for one. Knowing the wholesale level price not only ensures that you're getting a fair deal, but it also gives you the confidence to make an informed purchase. And if you ever decide to sell your ring, you can rest assured that we're here to help. We take pride in offering fair prices and an easy selling process to our customers. So whether you're buying or selling, having the right information and support can make all the difference in your journey.
Sell your diamonds with ease with Diamond Registry’s comprehensive approach and vast global industry connections to help you find the best buyer for your diamond fast. Visit Diamond Registry to take your first step to a fast, easy and reliable way to sell your diamond.
Want to check and calculate diamonds per carat instantly? Go to Diamond Registry. We are Reliable and trusted carat calculator in the diamond industry!