2005 year archives
- GIA Settles Its Grading Lawsuit But Newspapers Get the Story
- The Toll of the Transit Strike
- De Beers Settles Class-Action Suits
- Argyle to Remain Open With $1 Billion Extra Investment
- License Decision Shows Growing Botswanan Independence
- Sotheby's Says December Sales Surpasses Estimates
- GIA Reviews Lab Practices; Four Graders Fired, Lab Chief Resigns
- De Beers and South Africa At Odds Over Export Tax
- Market Report
- New Blood Diamond Movie
- Rosy Outlook for Holiday
- Confidence Slips, But Consumers Still Spending
- GIA Being Sued Over Alleged Grade for Payoff
- De Beers Expects More Price Increases This Year
- Hurricane Katrina, Rita and High Oil Prices
- China's Middle Class Fuels Diamond Demand
- Selling to the Ever-Elusive Rich Consumer
- How Do You Know When Pink Is Really Natural Pink?
- GIA Announces New Cut Grade To Premiere
- De Beers Profits Sink In First Six Months of Year
- Designers Embraces Non-Traditional Diamond Looks
- JA Show Report
- De Beers and Mineworkers At Loggerheads
- Diamond High Council (HRD) of Antwerp's Diamond Index
- De Beers Opening Draws Protesters, But Not a Lot of Press
- All Sightholders Keep Their Sight; 11 New Names Added
- Financial Times: Suppliers "Can't Keep Up with Demand"
- Oppenheimer Calls For "Hand Up to Africa"
- Security Council Votes to Uphold Ban on Liberian Stones
- Small Businesses Sues Credit Card Companies
- Consumers Don't Care About Brands
- From de Beer's Farm to De Beers Stores - Will It Be a 150 Store Chain?
- Default Judgement Against De Beers
- Gareth Penny Is New De Beers Director
- Diamonds in Alaska and Minnesota?
- Forecast: Platinum Prices Will Stay Stable In Future
- CIBJO Studies Jewelry Marketing "Challenges"
- Millennium Diamond to Go On Display In London Museum
- What are the Reasons Behind De Beers' Diamond Prices Increases?
- University Says They Have New Faster Growing Method for Synthetics
- De Beers Defends "Benefication" Record
- West Coast Club Objecting to De Beers/Alrosa Agreement
- Schnitzer Says Industry Must Protect Its Image
- Canada's Third Diamond Mine Begins Construction
- Nektalov Murder; Police Still Don't Know Motive
- Market Report: Prices Go Up, So Consumers Trade Down
- De Beers Offers "Value-Added Services" For Its Clients
- Brides Calling the Shots In Diamond Ring Purchases
- Retail Indicators Strong
- WFDB Moves to Improve Consumer Confidence
- Israel's Polished Exports Rise in February
- Botswana Deal With De Beers Expected to Bring Millions
- Synthetics Get More Media Attention; Should the Industry Be Concerned?
- DTC Sales Up 3% in 2004
- Will the DTC Move To South Africa?
- Online Sales of Diamonds Jump On Valentine's Day
- Sierra Leone Makes Progress In Diamond Smuggling
- Christie's Reports Strong Sales At First Jewelry Auction of 2005
- Lack of Diamonds Collapses Leviev's Canadian Deal
- Wants to Make Sightholders Pay Fee
- De Beers Likely to See Record Sales
- Russian Production Figures Revealed
- New Ad Campaign Encourages Diamonds for Anniversaries
- Industry Supports Tsunami Victims
- Diamond Chandeliers, Right Hand Rings for 2005
- Israel's Polished Diamond Exports Up 14.4% in 2004