Heart shaped diamonds - Guide to Buying heart shaped diamonds
There is no denying the fact that heart shaped diamonds are unique and a powerful symbol of love. These diamonds are commonly used in promise rings and in solitaire pendants. The shape of a heart is difficult to perceive in smaller diamonds. Therefore, if you are interested in buying heart shaped diamonds it is advised that you buy at least a 2 carat diamond. If you are using small heart shaped diamonds, it has to be set in a three-prong setting or a bezel setting, to preserve the diamond shape outline better. When planning to buy heart shaped diamonds, here are a few things that you need to consider:
Heart shaped diamond buying tips
- The most important characteristic of a heart shaped diamond is that both halves of the stone are identical. The cleft of the diamond has to be sharp and distinct. The wings of the stone should have a very slight round shape
- Heart shaped diamonds are available in a variety of silhouettes. You can find wide to narrow silhouettes and the choice of the silhouette has to be according to personal preference
- The ideal length to width ratio of heart shaped diamonds is about 1.00. If you are looking for diamonds to be set in pendants, you can opt for a stone with a slightly narrow cut (1.05 to 1.15). For a solitaire ring, a slightly wider cut measuring between 0.85 and 1.00 can be used
- Opt for heart shaped diamonds that has a minimum 'good' cut. Opting for anything lower is not recommended
- The color of the heart shaped diamond has to be a minimum of 'G' color grade and the clarity has to be a minimum of SI2
- The table of the diamond has to be between 51 and 63 percent
- The depth of the diamond has to be between 53 and 62 percent
- The girdle has to be between Very thin to slightly thick. Some diamonds with a thick girdle can also look good.
- Always buy loose diamonds, sourcing the diamond wholesale market to buy diamonds at wholesale diamond prices.
- Insist on buying Heart Shaped Diamonds that are accommodated with GIA certification. The GIA upholds the highest quality standards in the diamond industry.
- Ask for a Free Quote to get in contact with your diamond expert: your dedicated contact that will source your heart shape diamond from suppliers and manufacturers from all over the world – always with GIA certification, always at wholesale diamond prices.
Get your FREE QUOTE: Best Diamond Price
Check the education section for a detailed explanation of the 4 C's.
Learn more about the Diamond's Clarity, understand how the clarity affects the Diamond Prices.
Learn more about the Diamond's Color, understand how different colors can affect the Diamond Prices
Learn more about the Diamond's Cut, understand how the cut tremendously affects the Diamond Prices
Learn more about the Diamond's Carat (weight), 2 Carat diamond, 3 Carat diamond or 4 carat diamond prices are depending many variables.